Baptist Hospital East
BAPTIST HOSPITAL EAST AUXILIARY
4000 KRESGE WAY
LOUISVILLE, KY 40207
To share the love of Christ by providing various items to patients and their families in order to ease their stay/wait at the hospital.
Leita Curtsinger, Director of Volunteers
ACTION: WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- SEW SURGICAL PILLOWS: A group meets twice monthly at the hospital to work on pillows. Some sewing can be done at home.
- SUNSHINE ITEMS: Collect personal care items for those who go to the hospital unprepared. The following items are needed: combs, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, mouthwash, shampoo, denture cleaner, etc.
- MAGAZINES: For waiting room, no more than one year old. Please, no catalogs, stock annual reports or books.
- BABY BIBLES: Donate $2.50 for a Bible for newborn infants.
- CCU/ICU and CARDIAC CARE CENTER SNACKS: We supply snacks to families of patients so that they can stay in waiting rooms and not miss doctors or patient news. Fresh fruit, cookies, cheese crackers and any other individually wrapped snacks are acceptable.
All of the above items can be delivered to the Volunteer Office at Baptist Hospital East, now located right off the Main Entrance (close to the Information Desk) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Each Baptist church should appoint a church representative to act as a liaison between the hospital and the church. Church representatives will receive quarterly flyers and newsletters to announce auxiliary meetings and special projects. Call the Volunteer Office to be added to the mailing list.